Friday, April 3, 2009

toy car


so, frankly. I should have spent some time in photoshop with this one but alas, no. this is just a mock-up model of my toy car I made half a year back. the rear wheel is a ball so it allows 360 degrees turning. awesome. sketch here

the basic idea around the design was to make something that was industrial reproducible and yet appealing. clean cut design with some interesting angels beside the normal once, in example the wheel. its supposed to speak to the parents yet be funny for the kids so to say. the simple design and color worked like a charm on my sisters two and a half year old kid, or I think it did. that or he thought it was the flashiest thing I had available.

I also worked some with the idea to tilt the car while it turned, influenced by playsam, or making asymmetrical wheels like brios toys (ie. dachshund). or... spring-loaded centipede!

on a side note. I've been able to borrow a super amazing camera from a super amazing person(!). Finally some of my recent project will start to turn up here as well. cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment